Monday, June 27, 2011

First day of school

That's my flat!
 My following statement may be unnecessary, but I have learned here that the British are quite blunt and unaware of unnecessary habits...I woke up this morning in a pile of sweat-there I said it! I discovered that there is no air conditioning in my flat and it has been rather warm lately, too bad! I got freshened up for my first day of class and headed towards the tube. The commute to school is slightly long and very hot and smelly, but for some reason I continue loving the tube!
Next stop, orientation at the Library around 9:15, so you all were still sound asleep! We learned about the program and received a packet on all sorts of attractions and helpful advice. I would like to also mention that the library was indeed air conditioned, phew! Then we were treated to a smorgasbord lunch, mostly finger food, and boy was it scrumptious! During our lunch, a rather tall, lanky, and exuberant man came up to us and proudly asked if we were in Photography! I fell in love. He is my "tutor" (Some more British slang for you) for 3 weeks, and I wish everyone, I mean everyone, could have the pleasure of meeting him! 
He briskly walked us to our classroom and had the most laid back introduction for the class! We talked about cameras, and I got to rent a spiffy camera. Parents, I will not drop the very expensive camera, however I did drop the lens cover, my pen (twice), and syllabus (three times)-go me! Anyhoo, my class is wonderful I may just have to dedicate an entire post to it, but for now I will share with you pictures, yeah? (The british say yeah after they ask questions, but that seems a bit redundant to me!)
Some of my syllabus. I know you may not be interested, but tomorrow we go on a walk and take pictures for 3 hours, lovely yeah?
After my 7 hour orientation, we walked around and I got a tazo tea from starbucks. A British man waited on us, of course, and asked if we were Americans. I replied "no" in an impressive accent. He complimented me on my skill. I must be careful though because I accidentally responded in a British accent to someone on the tube! He asked if he could sit beside me and I responded "yes you may sir" with a British twang! 
Enough has been said now! I'm going outside in the hot hot heat to make an itinerary for the rest of the week. I miss America, but I do love London...so beautiful! Thanks for listening :)
Meet my dinner, by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment