Sunday, June 26, 2011

Not Jet Lagged

Day 2 has come and gone, almost! I woke up this morning around 7:30. I know what you're thinking, "typical", but I was shocked! I thought I would be jet lagged, but I was raring to go! 10:00 sharp I met my friends in our teenie tiny court yard. It was the most beautiful morning here. Sun was shining and I could tell it was getting hot-mainly because I could already feel myself sweating, gross! 
We headed towards to the underground to catch the tube to our University aka Westminster University! We successfully found our meeting place for tomorrow and found a popular area to explore! It was again, so quaint! However, we weren't satisfied, so we hopped back onto the tube and towards Hyde Park. There, we discovered funky sculptures, phone booths galore-which by the way are smelly, hot and full of trash...oh, and locked-and a man trying to sell us Rod Stewart tickets-shout out to you mom and dad! Across the street we spotted the park! Full of people playing futbol, sun bathing, and flawless scenery. We walked for hours, and finally ended with Kensington Palace. Later this week we plan on making our way back over here and touring the mansion!
I'm gleaming over my adventure today! 

 We saw much more than what I mentioned (I just can't recall the names) and found quirky British slang along the way....
"Mind the gap" instead of "Watch your step" and "Leads" instead of leashes. I dislike the use of leads because it sounds to me like the dogs' on drugs! There is plenty of slang that I have already noticed, so I hope to continue capturing the slang and sharing it with you! Now, I'm getting ready for a night at the pub with ALL of the study abroad students!

No comments:

Post a Comment