Monday, July 4, 2011

Comedic Relief...

Saturday I went to Bath. I woke up at 4:15 a.m. to meet downstairs at 5:15...easier said than done. 5:15 sharp, I'm downstairs with the birds chirping, but no friends to be found. 5 minutes go past and one friend arrives. 10 minutes go past and we are still waiting on two people. We call. We are their alarms. Great, running behind. 
20 minutes later, we finally head to the tube station. The tube station was closed. Okay, let's get a cab. Cab retrieved and to the station we go! Val and I print out our tickets and the other two have forgotten their confirmation number. Okay, let's ask two teenage British girls for their blackberries. One confirmation number found, the other, well, not quite. She purchases a new ticket. With the tickets now squared away (15 minutes later), we look on the board for our platform number and departure time...not on the screen. Okay, let's ask the "friendly" security man. We have to make our way to another station to get to the train. Okay, we're running out of time (again), but we will take the tube...no problem. Not so fast...our tube line is postponed, of course. 
Okay, let's grab another cab. Before we know it, we are in Bath...thank goodness! Look how happy they look...
Okay, now what? We have no plan, but we found a quaint coffee shop and snacked on morning treats. 
My choice, an apple, date, and coconut flapjack...score!
Fast forwarding through the shopping part of the day....It is time for the Roman Bath spa. Boy, were we hyped for this moment! Things we said/did to prepare for the Roman Bath spa...
1. Me: "I need a bathing suit still!"..."Yes, this one is only 3 pounds!"..."Should I purchase it!?"
2. Lauren: "I wore my bathing suit here, so I don't have to change later" Our response: "Wow, what a brilliant idea, you're so smart Lauren"
3. Val: "Gee, I really hope I didn't forget my suit!"
4. Jess: "I don't think I will swim, maybe I'll just stick my feet in the bath."
5. Me: "Yeah, maybe I will forget about the bathing suit." Their response: "I'm sure you can just get a manicure or pedicure instead while we swim."
6. Me: "The beds have been making my back ache a bit, so a massage would be a great idea too!"
7. All of us: "Finally, a day just to relax"..."I really cannot wait for the bath spa!"..."Especially since it is only 12 pounds!"
Blah, blah, blah...we get to the Roman Bath spa and pay our way in. We all anticipated a luxurious ambiance, with calming water, bath robes, and warm towels...Ready, here it is...
We all looked at one another in shock/embarrassment. The Roman Bath spa is clearly a historical museum with one large Bath of rain water that the Romans had built. It was a museum filled with Roman legacies....
All day, we laughed and laughed and laughed about this! Thank goodness we didn't say this...
1. "Sir, where are the locker rooms"
2. "Does it cost extra for a massage/manicure/pedicure?"
3. "Where should we put our wet towels"
I'm still quite speechless of this MAJOR mistake. I hope you all get a good laugh or two (it may even be worthy of more laughs). It was by far the dumbest thing I have ever done! I don't believe I can say much more except that the 12 pound "spa" was NOT worth it, but we made the most of it and had a great laugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment