Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where could I be...

Any guesses?
It rhymes with a British term, "cabby"...
Ding, ding, ding...Abbey Road. Just a quick side note, the street signs in London are mounted on the sides of buildings. In my opinion, they blend and are quite difficult to spy.
Back on track now, as you may all already know, I went for a Beatles stroll last evening. My tour was brisk, yet informative. I sensed that my tour guide was terrified of getting his hair wet rain, so he made the tour speedy. Above, you may have seen two graffiti-like photographs. These photos were taken outside the Beatles's recording studio. Once a month, a painter is hired to cover the hundreds of signatures...unbelievable, but true!
Next stop...
Paul McCartney's home. Yes, he currently lives here. My friend and I are guilty of waving, blow kisses, and frantically pointing towards his opened window. Unfortunately, we either scared him away or he was not home because we had no site of Mr. McCartney-sigh. I was starstruck without even seeing the talented man.
Paul also lived here, and so did John Lennon. Paul apparently stayed in the upstairs room, just a floor or two above his, at the time girlfriend. This apartment is where Paul wrote the song "Yesterday", dedicated to that girlfriend of his-she's a lucky lad. 
Just as another side note, John and Paul grew up as playmates. They both grew up without mothers. One's mother died of cancer and the other's died from a vehicle striking her. The song "Let It Be" was dedicated to those tragedies.
Last, but not least, is the site of the Beatles's very last performance ALL together. It was on the roof of their office building (which I did not get a good picture of). The Beatles's had oodles and oodles of money, so they decided to invest in Apple Corporations. This was actually a play on words because if you shorten Corporations the company would read, "Apple Core". I find this quite humorous, as did the Beatles. Anyway, they played on the roof top one night for friends, but disturbed most of the neighbors. The cops were called, but did not arrive to the site for 45 minutes (The police station is/was three houses down). Maybe the cops were Beatles fans too?
  
The end! 
I learned a lot more than I told, but I am again, tired...exhausted actually. I spent 12 hours walking around today/standing around today. I took pictures and stood in line for the Wimbledon. Unsuccessful Wimbledon trip, but we shall try again! All for now :) 
CHEERS! (I cannot decided what the British mean by Cheers. They say it after I say thank you or they say it as another term for "good day")


No comments:

Post a Comment