Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It's here-Thanksgiving @ school! My skilled roommates and I all worked together last night to prepare for our big(ish) feast. We set the table and dawned it with name tags, a pumpkin spice candle, fall flowered centerpiece, and lots of thanks (We wrote what we are thankful for). I'm gleaming with domestication ;), but really. This morning I chowed down on a hearty breakfast. I must keep energized for the evening of cooking and hosting, so I made...
What do you get when you take...
 &
 +
=
A minute muffin
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup egg white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon 

Some brown sugar (I pretend that this stuff is good for you, so I load on...sometimes)
1 tsp olive oil (found this unnecessary)
I then toss in some bananas, or chocolate chips (any kind), coconut, pumpkin, gosh you name it...I add it! 
I then pop it in the microwave for 1 minute, great for impatient cookers like me:)
I top it with the rest of my banana (or apple) and you can NEVER forget the beloved peanut butter. A little splash of milk, a spoon, and my mouth are the finishing touches...nom nom nom. 
Remember, looks are deceiving and the rule of thumb while making this is...Be creative! 
Last, but certainly not least is the revealing of the "remixed" Thanksgiving evening...
#1 Turkey Chilli
#2 Sweet Potato Chips (Homemade)
  #3 Applesauce (Homemade)
#4 Autumn Apple Salad
#5 Cornbread muffins
#6 Brownies
&
Wine.
That's it. The Thanksgiving feast. I will be sure to post the hopefully successful photos of the lovely dinner! I'd love to know...
What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment